Thursday 18 February 2016

Repair HC-05 Bluetooth module


Some days ago  one of my friend unknowingly connected 12V to  HC- 05 bluetooth module!! :(   no doubt as we know module has stopped working no power LED blink everything has gone and he put it in waste bin.







I was eager to know the damaged part of the module then what i did is  i picked up it from waste bin and tested using multi meter and i have found  that 5v vcc terminal is connected to a component named 662k. I googled 662k and found that is a voltage regulator. When i'm checking input vcc 5v is arriving at Vin pin of the regulator but there was no Vout 3.3V and finally i concluded that damaged part is voltage regulator.


Though   HC-05 Data sheet saying that module can be operated maximum up to 4.2V , I just shorted Vin pin and Vout pin of regulator that means 5V directly to the module as it was already abandoned item. 





Then i just turned on power supply.....










ITS WORKING!! :).   I put it in ON state whole day i did not find any problem and still its working. . 

See video









1 comment:

  1. in my bt module there is 2 pins in place of Vin and 3 pins Vout side but you have 1and 2 pin ,,please give me desire solution

    ReplyDelete